As talked about in the previous entry, the SMG2 CAN bus has it’s own data. I need some data I am familiar with in order to more easily figure out the unknown data, so I set about getting the other bus into the M1. For this case, I simply removed the two plugs that were in the harness, replaced them with my own, and split the signal to the car and to the M1. It didn’t quite come out like I would have hoped. No pics for now. :) This is only temporary for a week or two in any case.

I updated the M1 firmware to log all of the IDs that I am interested in, and will gather data with everything in one spot while going to and from work tomorrow.