Wow. It’s been a crazy week. My family members have been dealing with health issues, I’ve had some house issues to deal with, and assembly code almost drove me nuts.
On the upside, after a large amount of searching, a member of m3forum pointed me in the right direction, and I noticed that IDA (the program used for analyzing this) missed a bunch of code. I spent time fixing stuff up, learning a little, and I finally found the function responsible for updating the shift state from the DME side. The downside is that it’s kind of large:
So while I had hoped to have some code written, and the M150 in the M3 this weekend, I don’t know if I’m going to have it done before needing to pivot back to Project 2016A1. We’ll get closer to renaming that soon enough. :)
On the Porsche front, I have some documentation on the SDI3 ECU, which is used by the 997.2 cars. So, some day the Porsche 997 package will work for both. No timeline defined at this time.